Wednesday, January 25, 2023

'Llamazing' birthday cards

In August I posted an autumn wreath card that I was submitting for an Art Impressions challenge. Well, I ended up winning the challenge (yay!), and I got to pick any stamp set for my prize. I chose the Llama Set, but with the busy-ness of a new job, fall birthdays, and then the holidays, I didn't have a chance to use it until I had time off during winter break. But when I did finally pull it out, I definitely had fun making these two "llamazing" birthday cards!

I chose a bright, festive color pallet and die cut streamers to use as embellishments for each card. The punny greetings included in the set are perfect with the images.

For this card I used two images from the set to create a background by stamping them in the same color ink as the card base. I stamped the focal image on white card stock and colored it using alcohol markers. (One of the things that appealed to me about this set was that I could leave the llamas white and just color the accents, so it didn't seem so overwhelming. I don't always love to color images.) I die cut the llama and gave it a bit of a brick texture background. I added the sentiment, streamers, and a few sequins for a final touch.

I again used tone-on-tone stamping for the background on the second card. This time I used the stack of presents along with the cacti, and I arranged them in a straight line along the bottom of the card. (These two llamas look like they would definitely be surrounded by piles of presents.) Streamers and sequins are again the finishing touches, and I love how the sequins look like falling confetti.

I had a few bits and pieces of streamers left after I'd trimmed them for the front of the card, so I added them inside the card along with a big, bold sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun stamp set, and Congratulations on your win! That was awesome! I'm a bit like you, I don't always feel like colouring in the images. I like how you left the Llama's white and just coloured their 'accessories'! I bet you had loads of fun making these cards! They look like serious 'party animals'! Thanks for sharing your good news and the cards!
Sunshine xx

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! It was definitely fun to win the challenge. I wasn’t sure which stamp set to pick, but I think this one was a good choice. :)

Anonymous said...

I love a good pun! These stamps are adorable and the colorful cards will definitely bring a smile to the recipient's face. And how great to win and be able to pick such a fun set.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy!