Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Rudolph treat bags

Every year I like to give a little holiday gift to the families of the toddlers in my class. In the past I've made card sets and cocoa mix, but this year my time was short. Really short. So I decided to make simple treat bags with Hershey's Kisses candy and a festive Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer topper, which is a combination of a couple of different ideas I saw online.

Supplies:
Card stock (Stampin' Up!®): Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Basic Black, red glimmer paper
Accessories (Stampin' Up!): Top Note and Tulipe dies for the Big Shot, 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, white gel pen, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue
Other: Stapler, 4" x 6" treat bags (Celebrate It)






I scored the Top Note die-cut in half on the long side and then folded it. I placed the top of the filled treat bag inside the folded die-cut, gathering it a bit toward the middle, and stapled everything together. (I placed the staple near the point on the short side of the die-cut.) For the eyes I punched two white 3/4" circles and two black 1/2" circles and added the small white accents with a gel pen. I punched a 3/4" circle from red glimmer paper for the nose and adhered it over the staple. For the antlers I used a swirl shape cut with the Tulipe die and adhered it to the back of the Top Note die-cut.

I also was going to make coordinating cards to go with the treat bags, but I ran out of steam. Instead I just wrote a quick holiday message on the back of the treat bags and sent them home with my toddlers.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Nessie said...

What a super cute idea! I am sure the families appreciated your gift, especially as everyone has not much time during this time of year and you made something for everyone. That is sooo kind.
Love, Nessie