Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Not just for Christmas

When I received the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack from the Stampin' Up!® Holiday Catalog, I noticed that several of the prints did not necessarily look like Christmas or holiday paper. So this afternoon I decided to make two all-occasion cards using one of those prints:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Four Frames, Sweet Little Sentiments, French Script
Paper: Festival of Prints DSP stack; Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, Riding Hood Red pleated ribbon, Finishing Touches Edgelits dies, pearls, Dimensionals

See? They don't look Christmas-y at all, right?

I used one sheet of DSP cut in half for these cards. To make the focal image on each card I stamped the frame and greeting and then punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. I punched out a second label shape from colored card stock and cut about one-third of that label off the right and left sides. Then I glued those pieces behind the stamped tag to create a mat.

I used some ribbon and pearls to add a little embellishment to these clean and simple cards. I placed a pearl on the right and left sides of the Midnight Muse tag and on the top and bottom of the Riding Hood Red tag. There are also three pearls aligned vertically on the top right corner of the Riding Hood Red card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: