Sunday, July 1, 2012

Little lovelies

This month the SoShelli.com creative challenge is to create projects using products from the new catalog. So today I pulled out a few goodies from my latest Stampin' Up!® order and created a set of 3" x 3" notecards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Lovely Little Labels
Paper: First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP), Natural Compostion DSP, Wisteria Wonder card stock, Lucky Limeade card stock, Very Vanilla card stock (to line the inside of the cards)
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Little Labels punch pack, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon, 1" square punch, pearls, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Tombo multipurpose glue

I don't know why it is, but things that are little always seem so cute and fun. I mean, the miniature bottles of shampoo and lotion in hotels are much better than the boring regular ones, right? Well, stamps, punches and cards are no exception. The complete set of these notecards actually includes eight cards; I made two cards of each of these four designs, one in Lucky Limeade and one in Wisteria Wonder.

I love the new Natural Composition Specialty DSP; the glossy designs are gorgeous. I know there are great techniques you can use with this paper (I've read that you can watercolor on it), but I really like it "au naturel." And it's heavy enough to use as a card base without layering it on card stock. I used an entire sheet of it for these cards (yay, me for not hoarding!), and I love to have the pattern and texture on the back of the cards, too.


The Lovely Little Labels stamp set and coordinating punches are just adorable. I used the punches twice on each card; once to punch out the stamped image and once to add a hint of color behind the DSP banner. (I used the 1" square punch to make the V in the end of the banners.) For the remaining details I added three of the smallest size pearls on the left side of the banner, a medium pearl on the bottom right corner and a strip of ruffled ribbon across the top of the card. It's a clean and simple design, but I think that really allows all the little details to stand out.




Thanks for stopping by -- and remember to enjoy the little things!


No comments: