Friday, July 27, 2012

Movin' on up ...

Before I share my cards today, I have a quick note. I will be moving this fall, so for the next month or two I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post on my blog. I'm excited to have more living space (especially a craft room - yippee!) and to be in a bit quieter environment, but it's also really overwhelming. I have fourteen years' of accumulated things to clean, pack, donate and just plain organize. (It exhausts me to just think about it.) So I will do my best, but I'm just guessing I won't get to post -- or stamp -- as much as I would like to.

With that said, today I have for you two holiday cards using one of my new stamp sets, Jolly Bingo Bits, and the color combination of Baja Breeze, Basic Gray and Whisper White.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Jolly Bingo Bits
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Silver Glimmer paper
Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
Accessories: Snow Flurry die, Scallop Trim Border punch, 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, striped Baja Breeze ribbon, Dimensionals

I love these two big glittery snowflakes -- you really don't get the full effect of their sparkle in a photo. They make a simple but very festive focal point.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Jolly Bingo Bits
Card stock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Silver Glimmer paper
Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
Accessories: Snow embossing folder (Sizzix), 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, Dimensionals

I have become obsessed with this clean and simple layout: a horizontal line of three small images punched out with the square punch and matted with the Postage Stamp punch. I made this card a bit fancier by embossing the background with snowflakes, using Silver Glimmer paper for two of the Postage Stamp punches and adding some seam binding ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: