Friday, December 30, 2011

Favorites of the bunch

A couple of weeks ago I posted the picture of all the birthday cards I made as a gift for my grandma, and I mentioned that I would show individual pictures of some of the cards. I realized this morning that I've only posted one card so far - oops! So here are pictures and supplies for a few more of the cards, some of the ones that ended up being my favorites in the bunch. Note that all the supplies are from Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted in the supply lists.

Brown card embossed with polka dots and three die-cut balloons (pink, yellow and blue).
Supplies:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Card stock: Early Espresso, Regal Rose textured, So Saffron smooth and textured, Ballet Blue textured
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, balloon die cuts (they are from a Sizzix Big Shot die, but I don't know which one), white baker's twine, Word Window punch, Dimensionals

This was a really quick and easy card to make. I already had the balloon shapes, so I just tied some baker's twine on them and attached the balloons to the embossed card (the strings are not glued down). I added a greeting, and that's it!
Kraft card with three dimensional bug stickers (bumblebee, dragonfly and ladybug). Each bug is layered on a coordinating punched circle.
Supplies:
Stamps: Bugs & Kisses
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Yoyo Yellow, Real Red
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Dimensional bug stickers (source unknown), circle punches, paper crimper

These cute dimensional bug stickers came premade, complete with google eyes and antennae, but I don't think they would be too hard to recreate from scratch with various punches. I decided to use a very simple layout for this card. Because there wasn't a common color among all the stickers, I used Crumb Cake to create a neutral card base and then selected one color from each sticker to use for the background circles. It's hard to tell in the picture, but I ran the punched circles through my crimper in two different directions to create a little extra texture.

White card with a glittery border and a dimensional butterfly sticker. Sentiment states "happy birthday dear you."
Supplies:
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Card stock: Naturals White
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Dimensional bug stickers (source unknown), Simply Scored tool, Dazzling Details

This card really used minimal supplies. This butterfly sticker was from the same pack as the stickers in the card above. (I love how the curves in the greeting make it look as if the butterfly is flying.) I made a border of two scored lines around the entire card and added a line of Dazzling Details between the lines.

Gray card with squares and rectangles of ornage, blue and green card stock. Embellished with tool-shaped charms and brads that look like screws.
Supplies:
Stamps: On Your Birthday
Card stock: Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue, Really Rust, True Thyme
Ink: True Thyme
Accessories: Tool charms (Scrap-Ease), screw-shaped brads (source unknown), silver mini brads

I've had this set of tool-shaped charms (and several other packs) forever. I thought this color-block layout would be a good way to use them on a birthday card. I filled in the empty spaces with a few brads that look like screws. I think this card is about as masculine as you could get!
Light blue card with patterned green paper as grass, a punched butterfly and three paper daisies with green ribbon stems.
Supplies:
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Soft Sky card stock, Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack - Brights Collection, Soft Sky DSP Prints
Ink: Soft Sky
Accessories: Paper daisies (Making Memories), yellow glitter brads (Making Memories), green ribbon (source unknown), Butterfly punch, white baker's twine, mini-pinking scissors (Fiskars), Dimensionals

On this card I love the little touches of yellow in the flowers and brads combined with the blue and green. And it's hard to tell in the picture, but the green ribbon is slightly variegated; it's dark green on one edge (here the left side) and changes to a light green on the other edge. I knew when I bought the ribbon that it would be perfect for flower stems.


All of these cards were fairly quick and easy to make -- that's what happens when you suddenly have to make a couple dozen cards in just a few days! But I think they all turned out cute, and they gave me ideas to try again another time. I hope you got a few ideas, too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: