Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One more thank you

After I finished making my Christmas thank-you cards yesterday, I remembered I one more card. It's not really for a gift; my boss gave me some chocolate chip cookie dough that she had leftover from her holiday baking. But I firmly believe that chocolate chip cookie dough is one of the greatest inventions ever (I used about half of it for cookies, and the rest I ate raw), so I thought I'd write a thank you to put inside the container when I return it.

Because I needed a small card, I decided to use a pocket note card. I bought a package of these cards several years ago from Stampin' Up!®, and I still have quite a few of them left. Here is the quick card I made:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Pretty in Pink pocket note card
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Lucky Limeade marker
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, basic pearls, Dazzling Details

The card is about 2-1/2" x 3-1/2", so the thank-you image from the Easy Events set was the perfect size. I stamped the image on a 2" x 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White for the card and also on the outside of the envelope (without the greeting). After adding a layer of Lucky Limeade card stock, I adhered the image to the card.

I colored the flower leaves with a marker and glued punched flower shapes over the stamped flowers. For the flowers on the card, I used two punched shapes for each flower; the bottom flower shape is adhered flat on the card, and the top flower is adhered just in the middle, and the "petals" are curled up a bit. I added a small pearl in the center of each flower for a little embellishment. For the flowers on the envelope, I glued only one punched shape per flower, and I added a drop of Dazzling Details in the center of each flower. I think the finished card is pretty cute, and I might just have to make a set of similar cards with the other images from the Easy Events set.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: