Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas goodies

Every year I like to give a little handmade gift to the families in my toddler class at work. This is what I decided to make this year:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cold Play, Merry, All-Year Cheer I
Card stock: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Ballet Blue
Accessories: 1-1/4" circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, 1/4" hole punch (unknown), large flat cellophane bag, wide blue grosgrain ribbon (unknown), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), mint patties (Pearson's)












 I stamped the snowman's face (Basic Gray) and nose (Pumpkin Pie) on Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the 1-1/4" circle punch. Then I layered it on a 1-3/8" circle of Ballet Blue and a Brilliant Blue scalloped circle. I made eight snowman pieces and one with the greeting "merry & bright" (stamped in Ballet Blue). I also made nine pieces stamped with a snowflake. Then I adhered each snowflake piece to the back of a mint patty, and a snowman (or greeting) to the front. (Note: Be sure to use a strong adhesive so the card stock stays attached to the candy wrapper; I used Scor-Tape.) I arranged the candies in a cellophane bag, folded back the top of the bag, punched two holes and added a ribbon. I was a little worried that all the mint patties would fall down when I picked up the bag, but they seem to be staying in place pretty well.

Here is a picture of the back of the bag so you can see all the snowflakes. I could have stamped the same images for the front and back of the candies, but I thought it was fun to have the snowflakes on the back. I'm making five packs of mint patties for the toddlers in my class, and I should have enough candy left to make four more bags, so I'm also planning to give these as small holiday gifts to a few other people (my belly dance teacher, yoga instructor, etc.). I made one other snowman set like this one, but the rest will all be different with various winter and Christmas images. I've been working on the other sets today, and it's fun to pick out color combos and images; I'll post pictures of those sets when they're done.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: