Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Birthday turtle

As I mentioned in my last post ("Stripes, circles and sparkles"), here is the "boy" birthday card I made last weekend:

Green card base stamped with presents. Focal image is a turtle wearing a birthday hat and carrying a stack of presents on his shell.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Turtle & Co.
Card stock: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink: Ink pads - Jet Black StazOn, Wild Wasabi; markers - Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point
Accessories: Pacific Point striped ribbon, "Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge (Provo Craft), Dimensionals

This is a fairly simple card (but, at least I think, still cute). For the focal point I stamped the turtle image first and then stamped the stack of presents and the party hat on the turtle. I managed to do a pretty decent job getting them aligned by just eyeballing it; the presents do lean a bit to the left, but I figure if there were ever a turtle carrying a pile of presents on its shell, they probably wouldn't be perfectly straight either. I colored the images and added a bit of doodling around the edge of the white card stock. Layered behind the white card stock is a shaped piece of Soft Suede that I had cut out quite a while ago with the "Just Because" Cards cartridge for my Cricut. It happened to fit perfectly with the size of my focal image, and the scallops add a fun little detail.

For the rest of the card, I repeatedly stamped the presents image on the top half of the background, stamped a greeting on the bottom and added some ribbon. Quick and easy! And you could change up the color combo to change the feel of the card, for example, pastels for a baby card or pink, purple and/or red for a more feminine card. It's always nice to have card ideas that can be flexible.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: