Thursday, December 29, 2011

Flower fest

Today I felt like stamping flowery cards, something I haven't had much chance to do lately, what with making Christmas cards and then all the hoopla of the holidays. Here are the three cards I created:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Array of Sunshine, It's Your Birthday
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Lots of Tag Sizzlits (Label 2), large oval punch, Blushing Bride stitched-poly ribbon, basic pearls, Dimensionals

I bought the Lots of Tags Sizzlits awhile ago -- I think with the intention of making Christmas tags -- but this was the first time I've used them. I love that with this particular tag, the oval inside the tag is the perfect size to be punched out with the large oval punch. It worked great for the greeting on this card.

For the flowers (which unfortunately look kind of washed out in this photo), I stamped the large bloom from the Array of Sunshine set four times on Very Vanilla card stock. Two of them I cut out around the whole flower, one I cut out around the middle circle of petals, and one I cut out around the inner circle of petals. I embossed the border on the main layer of Very Vanilla card stock, added some ribbon and pearls, and layered the flowers in the corner.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Sweet Summer
Paper: Whisper White, Peach Parfait and Lucky Limeade card stock; DSP Patterns Pack - In Color
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; markers: Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, basic pearls, Dimensionals

This card is pretty self-explanatory, mostly just stamping, coloring and layering. I did add some details to the flowers: I punched two small flower shapes in each color, layered them and adhered them over the stamped images. I also added a pearl in each flower and a few others around the stamped images.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Sweet Summer, Raining Flowers
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; markers: Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Basic Black
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Boho Blossoms punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Details, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

To make the flowers on this card, I used the image from the Raining Flowers set that looks like half a flower. I stamped the image twice for each flower, turning the stamp so the images were back to back. I colored the flowers and added two punched shapes in the middle: the smallest flower from the Boho Blossoms punch in black and the scalloped circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack in the same color as the flower.

To fill in the space between the flowers, I stamped the small butterfly image from the Sweet Summer set and added dots of Dazzling Details (also in the center of the flowers and on the embossed design on the butterfly). I wanted to add ribbon without covering up any flowers, so I placed a piece of ribbon diagonally at two opposite corners. The butterfly adds a simple focal image without detracting from the background. I wasn't sure how this card would turn out while I was making it, but I like the end result.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: