Friday, December 30, 2011

A little bird for you

I didn't do any stamping today -- too busy watching Sense and Sensibility and Jane Eyre -- but I have one more card to share that I made earlier in the week. I started out with the intention of making a masculine, or at least gender-neutral, card, but I think it ended up more on the feminine side:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Nature Walk, Tiny Tags
Card stock: Bordering Blue, Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Basic Brown, Soft Suede, Bordering Blue, More Mustard
Accessories: Victoria crochet trim, Jewelry Tag punch, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, Vintage Trinkets, Aqua Painter, bone folder, Dimensionals

I guess I didn't look too closely at the card before I took the picture; the "4 you" tag at the top should have been hanging down.  Oh, well.

I stamped the bird image in Basic Brown ink and then water colored it using an Aqua Painter and classic ink pads. I roughly tore around the image and layered it on a piece of Soft Suede torn in a similar shape.

For the rest of the card front, I cut a piece of card stock the same color as, but slightly smaller than, the card base. I lightly sprayed the piece with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz (that took a bit of trial and error; I over-sprayed the first piece I tried) and ran my bone folder along the edges to distress them. I added a piece of knotted crochet trim along the top of the card. I punched two small tags -- one plain and one stamped -- and used a small safety pin to attach them to the knot. I added three brads, adhered the bird and then used Dimensionals to attach the completed piece to the front of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: