Sunday, December 11, 2011

More Christmas goodies

This afternoon I finished making the mint patty treat bags I'm planning to give as holiday gifts (see Christmas goodies post). I decided to make just six more bags with nine mint patties, and then for the last few I made smaller bags with four candies in each. I found some 4" x 6" treat bags at Michaels this morning that were the perfect size for four mint patties. Below are pictures of the finished bags as well as the stamp set(s), colors and ribbon used for each; the rest of the supplies are listed in the previously mentioned post. (One of the bags I made was the same as the set in my previous post, so I haven't included that picture here.)

Note: All supplies listed are from Stampin' Up!®.

Stamps: Weather or Not, All-Year Cheer I
Colors: Whisper White, Vintage Violet, Purely Pomegranate, Kiwi Kiss
Ribbon: Purely Pomegranate polka dot (Sherbet Ribbon Originals)

This set has some non-traditional colors, and I really wasn't sure about it while I was making it. But I think it turned out to be one of my favorites!
Stamps: Darling Dots, Cute Converse
Colors: Whisper White, Green Galore, Taken with Teal, Poppy Parade
Ribbon: Red organdy

This color combo definitely has a retro feel.

Stamps: Merry, Circle of Friendship
Colors: Naturals Ivory, Almost Amethyst, Vintage Violet
Ribbon: Vintage Violet stitched grosgrain

For this set I stamped the snowflakes randomly on the card stock and then punched out the circles.
Stamps: Hung Up on the Holidays, Lots of Thoughts
Colors: Very Vanilla, Ruby Red, Soft Suede
Ribbon: Christmas Alpine grosgrain (Alpine Ribbon Originals)

Classic Christmas colors and images.
Stamps: Hung Up on the Holidays, All-Year Cheer I
Colors: Whisper White, Real Red, Green Galore, Glorious Green
Ribbon: Real Red polka dot grosgrain

This set has a bit of a retro feel, too. I like the red paired with two shades of green.
Left set:
Stamps: Hung Up on the Holidays
Colors: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa
Ribbon: Chocolate grosgrain

Right set:
Stamps: All Wrapped Up Accessories
Colors: Whisper White, Real Red, Glorious Green
Ribbon: Real Red grosgrain


Left set:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Colors: Whisper White, Cool Caribbean, Soft Sky
Ribbon: Soft Sky stitched grosgrain

Right set:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Colors: Very Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme
Ribbon: Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme stitched grosgrain

I had a lot of fun making these (and I only ate a couple of mint patties while I was working!). But after decorating a total of 79 mint patties -- for a total of 158 pieces, counting the front and back -- my scallop circle punch is in definite need of a vacation. I wasn't sure it was going to last, but it held out. Whew!

No comments: