Saturday, September 30, 2017

Two-tone blue hydrangea

Back in June when I was making cards to enter in a contest, I made two Pool Party card bases with a brick wall embossing paste background. I used one of the bases to make a card for the contest, but the other one sat around on my craft table. I finally put it to use for this floral, feminine card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Love Blossoms (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pool Party (pad and refill), Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
Accessories: Light Molding Paste (Golden), Pattern Party Decorative Masks, linen thread, Rhythm 'n Blues sequins (Craft Medley), Bermuda Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), sponge, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I love blue hydrangeas, and I think this two-tone look is really pretty. It was easy to do, too. I inked the cluster of blossoms with Pool Party ink and then used a sponge to apply Island Indigo around the edges and a bit in the middle. I stamped the image on Whisper White card stock then cut it out by hand. To add some dimension, I stamped a few smaller individual blossoms using the same technique and glued them on the cluster. I used a Pearl Pen to create the centers of the flowers.

For the stem, I inked the image with Wild Wasabi and used a sponge to apply a touch of Garden Green in the middle of the flower. I cut out the stem and glued the top to the back of the flower cluster.

To make the card base, I mixed some Pool Party ink refill with the embossing paste and spread the paste in a diagonal across a brick wall stencil. For the background I cut a strip of Island Indigo card stock, tied a piece of linen thread around the bottom and adhered it to the right side of the card base. I attached the flower with Dimensionals. stamped the sentiment in the upper left corner and added three blue sequins. I wanted a little more Island Indigo, so I sponged ink all around the edges of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Ohhh, so pretty! Love the colours and the texture you added is great! Well done Andrea!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!