Sunday, September 3, 2017

Stamping friends are the best!

I'm back tonight to share my last card for the Taylored Expressions birthday sketch challenge. (Well, I think it will be my last one. I suppose last-minute inspiration could still strike tomorrow or Tuesday!)

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wanda (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst card stock; Wood 6" x 6" designer cardstock paper (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blush Blossom, Smokey Slate, Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Dapper Denim
Accessories: Layering Ovals Framelits dies, paper piercer, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, mini pinking scissors (Fiskars), 4mm and 6mm sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals, Glue Dots

This card will be headed to a great friend and stamping buddy, and I hope it makes her smile. I chose these colors because she really likes rich jewel tones, and this image is very appropriate for all the crafting fun we have. I may just need to invest in a crafty tool belt...

I think everything about this card is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll do a quick rundown. I stamped and colored the focal image and then die cut it with an oval die. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card stock, trimmed it into pennant ends and adhered it to the oval. I wanted to give it some dimension, so I attached two Dimensionals on top of each other and placed them behind the middle of the banner. Then I attached the two ends with Glue Dots.

For the card base I used thick Whisper White card stock and added a layer of woodgrain patterned paper matted with Bermuda Bay card stock. I wanted a little more detail on the base, so I pierced a border all around the edge of the card. Slightly above the middle of the panel I adhered a strip of Berry Burst card stock stamped with the two small images from the Wanda set and trimmed with a mini pinking scissors for an extra detail. I used Dimensionals to attach the focal image onto the card base and then added several clear sequins. Inside the card I stamped the sentiment "Stamping friends are the best!"

If you would like to see my other cards for the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge (see the sketch to the right), check out these posts: "Happy ninth birthday," "A few birthday candles," and "Simply Sitting Pretty." Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

This is great! I love the saying...I need that stamp!! I really like the colours you have used, both card and colouring are very pretty!
Thanks for more inspiration Andrea!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com