Saturday, September 23, 2017

Folded pinwheel birthday card

I have quite a few cards I made over the summer that I still haven't posted on my blog. I'm going to work on getting caught up with those, and here is the first one:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Inside and Out: Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Thick Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red card stock; The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine paper pad (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Spectacular Spin Shapeabilities dies (Spellbinders), Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Button Boutique buttons, linen thread, champagne sequins (The Makery), Glue Dots, Mono Multi liquid glue

My sister bought me this set of pinwheel-style dies for last Christmas. They're fun to use, although I'll admit that it can be tricky to get the paper out of the die since they're so detailed. But when I get one of the shapes to turn out right, it does make a great focal image on a card.

Since I used double-sided patterned paper for this pinwheel, I matted it with a circle of solid card stock to help show the details. I added two small flags of the same patterned paper on the side of the circle and a button tied with linen thread to the center of the pinwheel.

For the base of the card I used thick Very Vanilla card stock with a layer of light blue plaid paper. I adhered the focal piece to the center of the card, stamped a sentiment in the lower right corner, and added three sequins as a finishing touch.

This would be a great layout for almost any occasion, and I think it would be fun to make a set of these using different patterned papers. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh wow! This is awesome! I could NEVER do a card like that...it would do my head in!:-( But it looks stunning! Well done for persevering with the die!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks! It's actually pretty easy once you get the paper out of the die. You just go around in a circle folding and tucking. The die set came with three different sizes that can all layer together, but so far I just like using them separately.