Saturday, September 16, 2017

Dapper gentlemen

I am on the HR team at work, and one of my responsibilities is to plan the team calendar each month, including fun activities to have available in the break room. Occasionally I design and prep the materials for my coworkers to make a simple card, which is what I did last Father's Day. I realized recently that I never posted that card design, so here it is:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Real Red card stock; various Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Hipster Icon dies (Hero Arts), banner punch, Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz), Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

I had to keep the design simple enough to be completed in fifteen minutes (by people who are not stampers or card makers), and at first I wasn't sure where to start. I poked around online looking for some ideas, and when I came across the set of Hipster Icons dies, I knew they would be perfect. So for my card layout I settled on a white card base with a large layer of DSP, die-cut pieces in various colors glued on a white oval, and a small banner stapled near the upper left corner of the card. (I made these cards with some of the leftover pieces after Father's Day, and I added the Basic Black layer behind the DSP.) I also wanted to keep the design generic enough to be used for a variety of occasions, just in case anyone didn't specifically need a Father's Day card, and I think this layout fits the bill nicely.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh! these are so cute! I am sure everyone had a fun time making the cards!
I am always inspired by your cards Andrea - thank you!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great idea - I was "enabled" by your idea and ordered this die set! Another great inspiration that I think will work for those young adult guys!
Judy