Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Resisted hardwood

After I made my first two cards with the Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper (DSP), I saw a sample from another Stampin' Up! demonstrator who had used a background stamp with a piece of this DSP. (Sadly, I didn't pin that particular sample or bookmark the site where I saw it, and I couldn't find it again to include a link.) I loved the effect, and I knew right away which background stamp I wanted to use.

Card made with Hardwood background stamp and the flower pattern from the Irresistibly Yours DSP.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hardwood, Label Love
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede card stock; Irresistibly Yours DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Artisan Label punch, corner rounder, Artisan Embellishment Kit, Blushing Bride cotton ribbon, pearls, sponge dauber

I wanted to create the look of a fence with flowers growing in front of it, climbing up the boards or peeking between the slats. How did I do?

I stamped the Hardwood image with Soft Suede ink on the DSP and used a tissue to wipe the ink off the glossy printed design. Then I used a sponge dauber to cover the DSP with Crumb Cake ink and again wiped off the excess ink. I rounded two corners of the DSP and mounted it on a Soft Suede card base.

With the background done, I had to decide how to finish the rest of the card. I wanted to add a little color, but nothing too bold or bright. I thought of the Artisan Embellishment Kit, and I knew one of the Blushing Bride ribbon flowers from the kit would be the perfect color and texture. To create a base for the flower, I stamped and punched out one of the label images from the Label Love set. I glued the flower in the middle of the label and adhered it to the card with a piece of Blushing Bride cotton ribbon behind it. For a little extra embellishment, I added a small pearl to the center of a few of the white flowers on the DSP.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: