Saturday, January 24, 2015

Irresistibly Yours DSP

Today I want to share two cards I made with one of the products available during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration promotion: Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). It's white paper printed with a glossy white pattern (in six different prints) that you reveal by adding color in different ways, such as sponging and spritzing.

Card with light pink base and a background of leaf-print paper sponged with pink and green ink. A green ribbon is wrapped around the card, and a pink punched flower is the focal point.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bloom for You
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White card stock; Irresistibly Yours DSP
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush (pad and ink refill), Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Fun Flower punch, Mossy Meadow stitched satin ribbon, White Simply Pressed Clay, Button and Blossoms Simply Pressed Molds, 1-1/4" circle punch, sponge

I chose the leaf-print DSP as a background for the flower focal point. I used a sponge to apply Mossy Meadow ink to about two-thirds of the DSP and Strawberry Slush to the remaining one-third. I wrapped a piece of Mossy Meadow ribbon around the DSP to hide the transition between the colors. Before adhering the DSP to the card base, I used the 1-1/4" circle punch to round the upper-right and lower-left corners. To finish the card I glued the middle of the stamped, punched flower on the ribbon (I used my fingers to gently fold up the petals) and added a Simply Pressed Clay flower embellishment to the center.

Birthday card with a background of star-printed paper. A dark blue circle highlights a tag with the sentiment "Make a wish," and small punched stars add embellishment.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Perfect Pennants
Paper: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White card stock; Irresistibly Yours DSP
Ink: Island Indigo (pad and ink refill), Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories: Stampin' Spritzer, Notetag punch, 2-1/2" circle punch, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool, 1/8" Old Olive taffeta ribbon, Island Indigo cotton ribbon, mini stapler and staples (Making Memories), Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Dimensionals

For this card I used a Stampin' Spritzer (with rubbing alcohol and Island Indigo ink) to apply color to the DSP, which I layered on a mat of Rich Razzleberry card stock and then on an Island Indigo card base. For the focal image, I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White card stock, punched it out with the Notetag punch (I was excited to discover that it was a perfect fit!), and stapled two small pieces of ribbon on the top of the tag. To help the tag stand out against the DSP, I matted it with a 2-1/2" Island Indigo circle. I finished the card with a few small stars punched from Rich Razzleberry card stock.

I'm excited to try the other four patterns in the Irresistibly Yours DSP. It's great to be able to have DSP in whatever color you want. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: