Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kids birthday cards

I'm still rolling with the birthday cards, and today I have a few kid-friendly designs to share.

Rose Red card base with Pear Pizzazz layer in the middle. Focal image features cartoon animals holding a banner that says "Fill your day with happy!"
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: A Happy Hi
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar, Hello Honey, Wild Wasabi, Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky
Accessories: Large Scallop Edgelits die, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool, corner rounder, 1/8" Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

To make the bow for this card, I wrapped the ribbon around two of my fingers three times. Then I slipped a shorter piece of ribbon between my fingers and tied it around the first piece of ribbon. I slipped the bow off my fingers, trimmed the ends, arranged the loops and adhered it to the card.

Bermuda Bay card base embossed with star background. Focal image (two chicks wearing party hats) is stamped on a die-cut tag. Sentiment reads, "A birthday wish that's just for you."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Happy Chick Birthday (Unity Stamp Co.), Remembering Your Birthday
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Chalk Talk Framelits dies, Pool Party seam binding ribbon, Lucky Stars embossing folder

If you frequently read my blog, you've probably discovered that I'm a sucker for cute animal stamps. These little chicks are no exception. But honestly, if I had this card to do again, I think I'd change the layout a little. I'd move up the image on the tag just a bit and then stamp the sentiment on the bottom of the tag instead of having it on a separate piece of white card stock. Then I'd move the tag a little bit to the right and maybe add some patterned paper as an accent. What do you think?

Island Indigo card base embossed with polka dots. Focal image is a jumping dog wearing a party hat and surrounded by confetti.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Ruff Day
Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Jet Black SstazOn, Island Indigo, Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Basic Black
Accessories: Decorative Dots embossing folder, dog-themed brads (Around the Block), Island Indigo 1/4" cotton ribbon, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, corner rounder, mini stapler and staples (Making Memories), Dimensionals

See, I told you: more cute animals. And more coloring. I seemed to do a lot of coloring with this group of cards. This particular card was a quick one to make because the focal image was already done. When I pulled out this stamp set, I found the stamped and colored image in the case. I just rounded the corners, added the border and ribbon and adhered it to the embossed card base. So if you ever end up with an image that doesn't quite work for a project, don't toss it. You never know when it might be just what you need.

A child's birthday card with bright colors and bold images: a tree and tire swing, a kite and the sun.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!) unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Splendid Day (Close to My Heart), Birthday Wish
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots

If you look closely at this photo, you can see that the tree top and trunk were actually stamped on another piece of Whisper White card stock, cut out and then adhered to the focal layer on the card base. Originally I had stamped these images directly on the card layer. But I accidentally stamped the tree trunk in Early Espresso instead of Chocolate Chip, and it was just too dark. I re-stamped the tree, cut it out and glued it over the first tree. But then the trunk was layered over the leaves, which I didn't like. So I re-stamped and cut out the tree top and adhered it to the card with Glue Dots to give it just a little bit of dimension.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: