Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 2015 Paper Pumpkin: Thank-you cards

I love getting my Paper Pumpkin paper-crafting kits in the mail; it's always so much fun to open them up and find out what's inside. The February 2015 kit, Layers of Gratitude, was no different. I loved the project idea in the kit, but I wanted to mix it up a little. So I combined the supplies in the kit with my own card stock, ink, stamps, and embellishments to make sixteen projects. I'll divide the projects into three posts so it isn't so overwhelming, and in this post I'm going to share eight thank-you cards.

Thank-you cards (A2 size) made with February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin
Paper: Kraft, Sahara Sand, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo card stock; Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Sycamore Street ribbon pack, Regals Candy Dots, gold sequin trim, Glue Dots

I like the idea of the large felt letters -- they add fun texture to a card -- but I'll admit that the tangerine color was a challenge for me. So I pulled out my package of Sycamore Street DSP, which includes the color Tangerine Tango, and went from there.

I discovered that the felt letters would all fit on an A2-sized card if I arranged them in a block of two rows with three letters in each row. It's a little unconventional, but I think it works. And I like that they're gender-neutral because I have a tendency to make a lot of flowery thank-you cards. I kept the embellishments on these simple and solid-colored; I didn't really need to add any more visual interest, after all.

Thank-you cards (3-1/4" x 6-1/2") made with February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Tangerine Tango, Island Indigo card stock; Sycamore Street DSP
Accessories: Sycamore Street ribbon pack, Island Indigo baker's twine, white baker's twine, orange baker's twine, Regals Candy Dots, Brights Candy Dots, photo corner punch, corner rounder

These cards are 3-1/4" x 6-1/2" and fit in the open-end envelopes that Stampin' Up! used to sell. I still have a few packs of those envelopes, so every once in awhile I make a card to fit in them. But if you don't have that size envelope, you could use a 5" x 7" envelope or even make your own with the Envelope Punch Board. That would work great with a card design like this because you could use the same DSP for the card and to make the envelope.

That's the first batch of projects I made with the supplies from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit. In my next two posts I'll share what I made with the stamps, boxes and accordion cards. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: