Sunday, March 1, 2015

February 2015 Paper Pumpkin: Accordion birthday cards

In my last post I shared the thank-you cards I made with the felt letters from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit. Today I'm going to show you four birthday cards I made with half of the accordion cards and boxes.

Eight completed boxes from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit (with additional supplies).
This picture is a little teaser because it shows all of the finished boxes with their projects inside, but I'm only going to show you what's inside four of the boxes in this post -- the four boxes that are standing. The boxes lying on the table contain sets of four mini cards and envelopes, which I'll share in my next post.

Close-up of one of the boxes from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin with an accordion card inside. (Other supplies also used.)
I think these boxes are so cute; I even traced one of them to have a template so I can make more of my own. The unassembled box fits on a sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock, and with straight cuts and a few score lines it shouldn't be too difficult.

I stamped the boxes for the accordion cards using Crumb Cake ink and tied them closed with various ribbons and trims. The ribbon can be untied or just slid off to open the box. And what a surprise for the recipient to pull out a card like this:

Birthday accordion cards made with the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and other supplies.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!, unless otherwise noted):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Stamps: Layers of Gratitude, Endless Birthday Wishes
Paper: Top card: Strawberry Slush, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette card stock; Bottom card: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight card stock
Ink: Top card: Memento Tuxedo Black, Strawberry Slush, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette; Bottom card: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Top card: Pink sequins (from August 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit), Sherbet and Button Latte Designer Buttons, white and Blushing Bride baker's twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots; Bottom card: Bermuda Bay sequins, Pool Party baker's twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Other: Cricut machine and Jubilee cartridge for letters (Provo Craft)

I love how these cards turned out! I followed the same idea as in the kit instructions but changed the sentiment and made the designs a little more elaborate. Some of the stamped images -- the stripe, large polka dot, and "I just wanted to say ..." -- are from the Layers of Gratitude set from the Paper Pumpkin kit. The rest of the images are from the Endless Birthday Wishes set.

Birthday accordion cards made with the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and other supplies.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Stamps: Layers of Gratitude, Endless Birthday Wishes
Paper: Top card: All Abloom Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack; Bottom card: Summer Smooches DSP, gold glimmer paper
Ink: Top card: Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo; Bottom card: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Top card: Wooden stars (from Hooray It's Your Day card kit), Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals; Bottom card: Gold sequin trim, Brights Designer Buttons, Banner punch, white baker's twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Other: Cricut machine and Jubilee cartridge for letters (Provo Craft)

For the previous two cards I used a patterned background with solid-colored letters. For these two I decided to try the opposite: I stamped a large circular image (from the Paper Pumpkin kit) for the background and cut the letters out of DSP. Which style do you like better?

Come back tomorrow to see the last group of projects I made with this Paper Pumpkin kit: boxes of four mini cards and envelopes. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Angela said...

These are wonderful and fun BD cards, Andrea!

Linda said...

These are great birthday cards. I think I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.