Monday, March 2, 2015

February 2015 Paper Pumpkin: Mini cards and envelopes

In my previous two posts I shared the thank-you cards and accordion birthday cards I made from the supplies in the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit. Today I'm going to show you the last group of projects: sets of four mini cards (made with the accordion cards) and coordinating envelopes in the kraft boxes.

Close-up of four mini cards and envelopes in a box (February 2015 Paper Pumpkin).
Each of the accordion cards in the Paper Pumpkin kit had eight panels. By cutting a card at every other score line, you can get four cards that are 2-3/4" x 3-3/4" -- the perfect size for adding to a gift or  tucking in a lunch box or briefcase.

To create envelopes I used coordinating Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the Envelope Punch Board. The punch board didn't have this card size listed on the chart, so I tried making an envelope for a 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" card. As long as the cards are pretty flat and not too embellished, they fit just fine in this size envelope. And the envelopes fit in the box too. Perfect! Here are the four card sets I created:

Set of four mini thank-you cards and envelopes made with the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit (and other supplies).
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Stamps: Layers of Gratitude
Paper: DSP Patterns Stack - Brights
Ink: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, Dots and Stripes Decorative Masks, orange baker's twine

This card set I made using the stamps from the kit ("thanks" is stamped inside each card). The baker's twine, Pool Party ink and Daffodil Delight ink also come with the kit, so I just added a couple of extra ink colors and the DSP for envelopes. I also used the dots mask to line up the polka dots in the card on the right.

Set of four mini cards and envelopes made with the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and other supplies.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Stamps: Fourteen Phrases, Perfect Match (demonstrator incentive stamp sets)
Paper: Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, rhinestones, Blossom Builders, 5/8" neutrals brads

For this set and the next two I used a DSP belly band instead of ribbon to close the box. After making the envelopes I had a strip of DSP left over that was 1" x 12", so I wrapped it around the box to make the belly band and decorated it with flowers and a large brad.

Set of four mini cards and envelopes made with the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and other supplies.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts
Paper: Pawsitively Prints DSP, Whisper White card stock
Ink: So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Ballet Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, pearls, Mono Multi liquid glue, Flower Fusion Too, 5/8" neutrals brads

This set used a more pastel color combo, and it definitely makes me think of spring. I ran into one problem with this set: After I stamped the sentiments on Whisper White card stock and punched them out, I realized that they did not match the white of the card bases. So I punched slightly larger circles out of the DSP and used them to mat the sentiments. You can still tell the whites are different, but at least they're not right next to each other.

Set of four mini cards and envelopes made with the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and other supplies.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Kit: February 2015 Paper Pumpkin (Layers of Gratitude)
Stamps: Small Sayings
Paper: Blue foral print from Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin' kit
Ink: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Tuxedo Memento Black
Accessories: Envelope Punch Board, gold sequin trim, washi tape (from the Hooray It's Your Day card kit, Retro Fresh, Beach House, and Season of Style), Fleurettes II Accents and Elements, In Color printed brads, Glue Dots

Washi tape was a fast and easy way to add color and pattern to these cards without the extra weight or thickness of card stock or DSP. The gold sequins were an afterthought, but I think they finish off the designs nicely. (I apologize that this photo is a little blurry. I didn't realize that my camera auto-focused on the envelopes and read the cards as the background. The sentiment on the second card reads: "Friends are the family you choose yourself.")

I definitely had a lot of fun with this Paper Pumpkin kit. I can't wait to see what this month's kit brings. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: