Saturday, February 14, 2015

Creating a scene

I do not like being the center of attention; I'm much more of a blend-into-the-background kind of person. So I don't normally enjoy creating a scene ... unless it's stamped on a card. Here are a few stamped scenes I wanted to share with you:

Black card base with a kraft layer featuring a woodsy scene, including trees, dock, log cabin and birds, all stamped in black.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Pier Happiness (Raisin Boat), On Your Birthday
Paper: Basic Black, Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Linen thread, Dimensionals

I love all the different elements in this stamp set and how easy it is to make an impressive card -- even a clean and simple one. I've seen cards made with this set that have beautiful coloring added to the images, but I wanted a quick, simple masculine card, so I used just Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I like how the black card base looks like a frame around the Crumb Cake panel.

To add a greeting and a little bit of dimension to the design, I stamped a birthday sentiment on a strip of Crumb Cake card stock, trimmed one end into a V, and wrapped linen thread around the other end. I used Dimensionals to adhere it in the bottom right corner, which was otherwise empty space.

Light blue card base with layer of kraft along the bottom for sand. Silhouette images of a palm tree, fence and two Adirondack chairs.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: By the Beach (Raisin Boat), Very Versatile
Paper: Soft Sky, Crumb Cake
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Ink, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Sycamore Street Designer Buttons, linen thread, Glue Dots

I wish I were in this scene right now! It's below zero today, and the wind has been whipping around. I'd take a warm sandy beach in a second.

For this card I started with a Soft Sky card base and used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the fence and palm tree along the middle of the card. I tore one edge of a piece of Crumb Cake card stock to create the look of sand, stamped the details in Crumb Cake ink and adhered it to the card so it covered the bottom edge of the fence. I stamped the two chairs, added a Crumb Cake flag with a sentiment and embellished it with a button tied with linen thread.

A Mossy Meadow card base with a Naturals Ivory panel stamped with a goose amidst rushes. A piece of Mossy Meadow ribbon and a row of pierced holes are along the bottom of the panel.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Wetlands
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Naturals Ivory card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool, Mossy Meadow stitched satin ribbon, Glue Dots

To make this card I first stamped the goose image on a Naturals Ivory panel. Then I masked that image and stamped the rushes in Mossy Meadow along the middle of the card, stamping the image multiple times before re-inking to create different shades of green and a sense of depth. I removed the mask, stamped the sentiment and glued a piece of ribbon along the bottom of the rushes. For a final detail I added a row of pierced holes below the ribbon and then adhered the panel to a Mossy Meadow card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: