Tuesday, October 7, 2014

500 blog posts and a Christmas star

This is my 500th blog post! Woohoo! I debated what to share for this post: Something that represents my typical clean-and-simple style? Or something elaborate and fancier than I usually make? This bold Christmas card seemed like a good choice; it has a simple layout and a little sparkle.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bright and Beautiful
Paper: Textured and smooth Rich Razzleberry card stock, old sheet music (unknown)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Stars Framelits dies, gold sequin trim, gold baker's twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

This card started with the sheet music. A few months ago at a rubber stamp show I saw several cute cards that had images stamped directly on newsprint-looking paper or authentic vintage sheet music. One vendor was even selling pieces of old sheet music cut down for making cards. At about the same time the church where my yoga class meets was clearing out old items, including piles and piles of old choir music. Score! I took a good-sized stack for myself and a few friends, and this card idea has been percolating in my head ever since.

I cut a piece of the sheet music to 5-1/4" x 4" and tore along the right edge. I stamped the largest star image in the middle and "joy" in the lower right corner and adhered the paper to a textured Rich Razzleberry card base. I stamped the smallest star on smooth Rich Razzleberry card stock, cut it out and adhered it to the middle of the large star with a Dimensional. A few gold sequins and some gold baker's twine add the perfect finishing touches.

Whether you've read a hundred of my blog posts or just one, thank you for being a part of this little adventure. And thanks for stopping by!

No comments: