Sunday, October 12, 2014

Nature's Peace simplicity

When I saw the Nature's Peace stamp set in the Stampin' Up! holiday catalog, I loved it immediately. I'm a sucker for just about any Christmas stamps with a peace/nature/animal theme, and this one also has a great vintage feel. But since I already have so many Christmas stamps, I wasn't going to buy this one. Until, that is, I realized it's the perfect size for a note card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Nature's Peace
Paper: Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes, Cherry Cobbler card stock
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Winter White embossing powder, Boho Blossoms punch, pearls

I have been a little obsessed with note cards lately. I really like the slightly smaller size (3-1/2" x 5") and the more rectangular shape compared to an A2 card. (OK, I know something can't be "more" rectangular; either it is a rectangle or it isn't. But the proportions of the two card sizes are different.) And they're great for one-layer cards like this one.

I stamped the image on the Crumb Cake note card using VersaMark ink and then embossed it with Winter White embossing powder. It's old embossing powder, so it didn't cover as smoothly and evenly as I would have liked, but it really didn't matter with the style of this stamp.

For a touch of color, I added a punched, layered Cherry Cobbler flower with a pearl center (sort of a poinsettia) near the middle of the image. I repeated the color by cutting off a narrow strip (about 1/8") from the long edge of the card front and then adhering a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to the back side of the card front. For one last touch I stamped and embossed a few snowflakes on the envelope.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: