Saturday, October 4, 2014

Halloween cats

Happy World Card-Making Day! I spent a good part of this afternoon making cards, and I finally used some of my new stamps from the Holiday Catalog to make Christmas cards. I promise I'll share those another day, but today I want to show you a couple of Halloween cards featuring not-too-spooky cats.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Frightening Feline
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White card stock; Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack - Brights (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black marker
Accessories: Corner rounder, Candy Dots - Brights, rhinestones, Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

I love the combination of round and straight on this card: circles and stripes, curved corners and straight edges. The pieces of DSP are 3/4" x 4" (Pumpkin Pie) and 3-1/2" x 4" (Old Olive) with approximately a 1/8" gap between the pieces. The Basic Black ribbon echoes that gap (same width and color) and "holds together" all three pieces of DSP. I embellished the cat image with green Candy Dot eyes and a rhinestone collar, and I doodled a border around the focal panel.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Critters in Costume (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Polka Dot Parade DSP, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; markers: Basic Gray, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Critters in Costume dies (Lawn Fawn), white baker's twine, rhinestones, Dimensionals

This card is the smaller note card size (3-1/2" x 5" compared to A2 size, which is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"), and it was the first of a whole string of Halloween note cards I made last week. (Those are more cards that I'll share in another post.) On this card I again combined two different DSP patterns, but this time both have circles or dots. I used a small strip of the Rich Razzleberry piece to anchor the focal image on the Old Olive background. A baker's twine bow and a few rhinestones provide simple embellishment for this little Halloween kitty.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: