Friday, October 10, 2014

Halloween critters and creatures

I mentioned in my Halloween cats post a few days ago that I'd made a whole collection of Halloween cards using Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White note cards and envelopes. I found that I enjoyed making these simple Halloween greetings much more than elaborate cards, and I was happier with how they turned out. (Note to self: Remember this next year.) Here is the whole assortment of Halloween critters and creatures:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Critters in Costume (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; markers: Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede
Accessories: Critters in Costume dies (Lawn Fawn), Large Polka Dot embossing folder, Dimensionals

This was by far the fastest card to make. I had stamped and cut out the bunny and greeting last year but never used them. So I just embossed the card base and added the images with Dimensionals. Hard to get easier than that.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Halloween Hedgehogs
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; markers: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Baked Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Basic Black
Accessories: Arrows embossing folder, corner rounder, Dimensionals

I love, love the Halloween Hedgehogs stamp set, and this is my favorite image from the set. I colored the image, doodled a border and adhered the panel over a note card embossed with the Arrows embossing folder.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tape It, Halloween Hedgehogs
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate ink pads; markers: Pumpkin Pie, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool, Dimensionals

To make the background I used three images from the Tape It stamp set. I stamped each stamp on scratch paper before stamping them on the card to lighten the images. I pierced a border around the focal image and in each corner of the card base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Halloween Hedgehogs
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Old Olive Assortment and Skin Tones Assortment Blendabilities; Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist markers; Cool Gray - C1 marker (Copic)
Accessories: Large Polka Dot embossing folder, 2-1/2" circle punch, Lucky Limeade baker's twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I used a combination of water-based and alcohol markers to color this image. I punched out the image and adhered it to the note card embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder (that one has definitely become a favorite!). For a simple embellishment I added a bow of Lucky Limeade baker's twine.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Too Cute to Spook (Unity Stamp Company)
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Mememto Tuxedo Black; Basic Black marker; Old Olive Assortment, Daffodil Delight Assortment and Skin Tones Assortment Blendabilities
Accessories: Chalk Talk Framelits dies, Dimensionals

I do not have great skill with alcohol-based markers, so this little guy's head is a little blotchy. But I figure he's a monster, so he probably doesn't mind too much. After coloring the image, I cut it out by hand and adhered it to the note card base with Dimensionals. I added the speech bubble with the stamped sentiment and drew a border around the card base and around the speech bubble shape.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Too Cute to Spook (Unity Stamp Company), Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Basic Black marker
Accessories: Basic Black baker's twine, Black Diamond Stickles glitter glue (Ranger), corner rounder, Dimensionals

I wanted to give this spider a web, but since I don't have a spider web stamp or embossing folder, I had to make my own. I drew a basic web shape with a black marker and then went over it with black glitter glue to give it more "oomph." I stamped the spider, cut it out and also applied some black glitter glue.

When both pieces were dry, I pierced a small hole through the card stock in the web and pulled a piece of Basic Black baker's twine through the hole. I taped one end of the twine to the back of the piece of card stock and the other end to the back of the spider. Then I used a Dimensional to adhere the spider below the web.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: