Friday, October 24, 2014

Too much pie?

Last month I made a Halloween card to enter in the monthly challenge at the Raisin Boat blog. Well, guess what? I won the challenge and got a free stamp set from Raisin Boat! OK, so it was a random drawing, but a free set is a free set. And it's a great motivation to make a card for the next challenge, which is exactly what I did.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Grandma's Kitchen (Raisin Boat), Sweet As Pie
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Baked Brown Sugar, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Accessories: Ovals Collection and Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, pearls, corner rounder, Dimensionals

This month the challenge theme is "thankful." Although your card (or other project) doesn't need to focus on Thanksgiving, that's what came to my mind. Thanksgiving always makes me think of pie, and to be honest, I'm pretty darn thankful for pie.

I knew right away I wanted to use the sentiment "There's no such thing as too much pie" from Stampin' Up!'s October Paper Pumpkin kit. It worked perfectly with the pie image from the Raisin Boat stamp set Grandma's Kitchen. I stamped rows of pies to fill the background panel and added one more pie below the sentiment on the focal image. I wanted to add a little color behind the focal layer so I cut out one of the Apothecary Accents label shapes, cut the label in half and adhered the pieces behind the oval so just the ends were visible. Two small pearls add the perfect finishing touch.

Hmm ... now I want to eat some pie. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Adorable card. I love the way you used the Raisin Boat stamp set on this card. There never is too much pie. I agree. Thanks for joining the challenge this month at Raisin Boat.