Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Halloween candy for a challenge

I think challenges are a great way to get your creative juices flowing and make something you wouldn't have otherwise. It's been awhile since I've entered any challenges, so to get back into the swing of things, I created a card for Raisin Boat's Halloween challenge.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Central Park (Raisin Boat), Trick or Treat (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant card stock
Ink: Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: 1-1/4" circle punch, small oval punch (retired), 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, 7/8" scallop circle punch, Ice White pearl pen (Viva Decor)

Even though it wasn't required, I wanted to use Raisin Boat stamps for the challenge. The challenge (pun intended) for me was that I don't own any of Raisin Boat's cute Halloween sets. So I had to improvise.

Using the Central Park stamp set, I stamped one of the oval images and one of the circle images in four different colors. I punched out the stamped images as well as some scalloped circles. I cut apart sections of the scalloped circles and glued them behind the punched-out circles and ovals to create the look of pieces of wrapped candy.

To make the card, I first trimmed down the card base so it is 5" wide instead of 5-1/2". Then I layered several pieces of "candy" along the bottom of the card, some of them going past the edges of the card base. I used a pearl pen to make a border along the top of the card and stamped an appropriate "trick or treat" sentiment.

Do you have any challenge recommendations?Leave a comment below. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great use of the Raisin Boat stamp. Thank you for joining the challenge this month with your adorable card.