Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Valentine flower

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Grateful Greetings
Paper: Crumb Cake cardstock; Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Fun Flowers die, small heart punch, Sending Love epoxy brads, corner rounder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I generally like to make valentines that are cute and festive but not "mushy." For this simple card, which is sized to fit in a Stampin' Up! note card envelope, I made the focal image a large layered flower. I used two prints from the Sending Love Specialty DSP to die cut the flower shapes, snipped between the petals of the smallest flower and attached them together with a coordinating brad. I added a strip of DSP and a punched heart near the bottom of the card and then used Dimensionals to adhere the flower to the card. I stamped the sentiment, rounded the two bottom corners, and that's it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: