Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Kids animal valentines

Every year I like to give a little Valentine's Day treat and handmade card to the toddlers in my class. This February we will be having a zoo theme in our room, so I thought the perfect valentine combo was a little box of animal crackers -- you know the circus-looking boxes with the string handles -- with an animal-themed tag. (Yes, I realize that 1-1/2 year-old children won't make the connection to our zoo theme at all, and their parents probably won't, either, for that matter. But it makes my little heart happy when things work out that way.) And the perfect stamp set to use for the tags was Tree's Company from Raisin Boat.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tree's Company (Raisin Boat)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Pool Party, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Real Red, Pool Party, Strawberry Slush, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Corner rounder, 1/16" hole punch, white crochet thread (DMC), Dimensionals

I think they turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I stamped and colored the tree/branch and heart "leaves" for each card on a 2-3/4" square piece of Whisper White cardstock. I rounded the corners and mounted each white piece on a 3" x 3" piece of colored cardstock. I stamped the animals on another piece of Whisper White cardstock, colored them, cut them out and adhered them to the tags with Dimensionals. Then I stamped the sentiment on each tag, punched a hole in the corner and tied on a piece of crochet thread. I wrote "Happy Valentine's Day" and my name on the back of each tag, and when it's time to pass out the treats, I'll just tape the crochet thread to the box of animal crackers.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

ADORABLE! I love your cards and I love that set. So cute how you popped up the images. Love it. Thanks for joining the Raisin Boat challenge this month.