Monday, January 20, 2014

Simple valentine with banner

I love the Banner Blast stamp set and the coordinating Banner punch from the upcoming Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration catalog. I combined those two products with a pack of Designer Series Paper (DSP), some linen thread and a few pearls to make a super simple but very cute valentine.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Banner Blast
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla cardstock; Candy Lane DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Linen thread, Banner punch, pearls, Glue Dots

This card is about 4-3/4" x 3-1/4", just the right size to fit in Stampin' Up!'s note card envelopes. Of course you could easily use this layout for a larger or smaller card by simply adjusting the length of the banner.

I stamped and punched out the "love" image and then punched out five more banner pieces from a pack of DSP. (Or you could eliminate the stamped image and just use DSP banner pieces.) To assemble the banner, I first tied a knot at one end of a piece of linen thread and then stretched out the thread along my work surface. I adhered a Glue Dot on the back of each banner piece (near the top) and stuck them on the linen thread, spacing them about 1/8" apart. I tied a knot and trimmed the other end of the linen thread and then flipped over the banner. I placed another Glue Dot on top of each one already on the banner pieces, so the linen thread was sandwiched between the Glue Dots. I adhered the banner to the Crumb Cake card base, added a few pearls and that's it! A quick and easy design you could use for almost any occasion by changing the stamped image and DSP -- and it's a great way to use up those little scraps of DSP that you just can't bear to throw out.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: