Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sweet lollipops

A couple of weeks ago I was at the craft store and came across some packs of Pixies sticks from Doodlebug designs. They looked like coffee stirrers but in many different colors. I was intrigued and waiting in line to check out (impulse-purchase alert!) so I decided to buy a package. I chose the brown color because I thought they would make cute tree trunks or lollipop sticks on cards. Since I have candy on the brain with Valentine's Day approaching (OK, let's face it, I always have candy on the brain), I decided to start with a lollipop card.

Card with polka dot-embossed background. Three stamped and punched circles with stick bases look like lollipops.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Central Park (Raisin Boat), Storybook Friends
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories: Decorative Dots embossing folder, white organdy ribbon (unknown), Pixies sticks - bon bon (Doodlebug Design Inc.), Glue Dots, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals, 1/8" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

I stamped the lollipop image three times and cut them out. I cut the sticks in half and used liquid glue to adhere a stick to the back of each lollipop. While those were drying, I embossed the card base with some fun polka dots and stamped the "so sweet" banner. When the lollipops were ready, I tied a ribbon around one of the sticks and adhered them to the card base: I used a few Dimensionals placed on the back of each lollipop (around the stick) and a small piece of 1/8" Scor-Tape on the bottom end of the stick. To adhere the banner to the middle lollipop, I placed three Glue Dots on the back of the banner, adhered the middle Glue Dot to the stick and the Glue Dots on each end to the card base.

I think this would be adorable as a valentine or even a little girl's birthday card, depending on what you stamp or write inside the card. Or you could change the "so sweet" banner to say "Happy Valentine's Day" or "Happy birthday."

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is so cute and very clever use of the Central Park stamp. I love it. Thanks for joining the Raisin Boat challenge with your clever card.