Saturday, January 19, 2013

Same layout, different holiday

Do you ever look back at cards you've made and recreate them with a different color scheme, different images or a different "theme"? That's what I did for today's cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake card stock; Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Accessories: Window Frames Collection Framelits dies, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Full Heart punch, Beachfront ribbon originals, Victoria crochet trim, Festive paper-piercing pack, Stampin' Pierce mat, paper piercer, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I started with the layout I used for the cards in my Christmas color flip post (July 22, 2012). But instead of using one piece of DSP and flipping over a strip to show the print on the reverse side, I used two pieces of DSP (I wanted just Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla in the prints), cut each one in half (to 4-1/2" x 3-1/4") and then cut a 1-1/2" x 3-1/4" strip off each of the four pieces. Mixing the patterns, I adhered the pieces to a 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Crumb Cake card stock. I placed a piece of crochet trim over the "seam" and then adhered the panel to a Cherry Cobbler card base. (I ended up with four cards, two of each style shown in the photo.)

To make the focal point, I used the second-smallest die in the Window Frames Collection Framelits dies to cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock. I pierced a border around the die-cut and then adhered a piece of Very Vanilla ruffled ribbon (from the retired Beachfront Ribbon Originals pack) across the middle of the shape. I punched a heart from Cherry Cobbler card stock, embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and adhered it over the ribbon with Dimensionals. Then I adhered the finished piece to the card with Dimensionals. I also used Glue Dots to adhere the ends of the ruffled ribbon to the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: