Sunday, January 27, 2013

Secret Garden cards

I'm a sucker for just about anything floral, so when I first saw the Stampin' Up!® spring catalog, I knew right away that I would be getting the Secret Garden stamp set and the coordinating Framelits dies. This weekend I made two cards with these items and a few other new goodies.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Secret Garden
Paper: River Rock, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green card stock; Print Poetry Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green
Accessories: Secret Garden Framelits dies, rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Two-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals

I love how quick and easy it is to make a paper bouquet with this coordinating stamp set and dies. I've made cards similar to this many times in the past, but I've always cut out the flowers by hand. I don't mind doing that -- in some ways "fussy cutting" is sort of calming for me -- but it definitely takes a lot more time. And here's a little trick: The two light pink flowers on this card are actually one flower that I cut in half. Since I was tucking it under the larger flower, I decided not to "waste" it by leaving half of it hidden.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Secret Garden
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla card stock; Print Poetry DSP stack
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Accessories: Secret Garden Framelits dies, Honeycomb embossing folder, Gumball Green stitched ribbon, pearls, Essentials paper-piercing pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I did do some fussy cutting for the flower on this card. Using Raspberry Ripple ink, I stamped the largest flower image three times: twice on Primrose Petals card stock and once on Raspberry Ripple card stock. I used the Framelits dies to cut out one of the Primrose Petals flowers. Then I hand-cut the center out of the other Primrose Petals flower and the middle group of petals out of the Raspberry Ripple flower. I used Glue Dots to layer the center pieces on the large flower so it has a little bit of dimension.

The piece of Print Poetry DSP on this card was one of the scraps leftover from the card above. I also had a long, skinny strip, which I adhered along the bottom of the inside of this card.

Come back tomorrow for more cards featuring new products from the Stampin' Up! spring catalog. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: