Saturday, January 12, 2013

Valentine trio

It's hard to believe that it's already almost the middle of January -- it seems as if Christmas was just a few days ago! Before I know it Valentine's Day will be here, so today I spent some time creating valentines for my friends and family.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: You Are Loved, Lovely Little Labels
Paper: Cameo Coral, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla card stock; First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Cameo Coral (pad and marker), Soft Sky, Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Little Labels punch pack, small heart punch, corner rounder, Calypso Coral baker's twine, Color Spritzer tool, pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I liked the color combination I used for the love card I made a few weeks ago, so I decided to use a similar combo for this card. It's hard to pick up some of the little details in the picture, so I'll point out a few things:
~ I spritzed the card base and the First Edition DSP pennants with Cameo Coral.
~ For the Soft Sky pennants I stamped the floral heart image from the You Are Loved set and then punched out part of the image.
~ There are three small pearls on one of the Soft Sky pennants.
~ To adhere the pennants to the card I placed a Glue Dot in the top two corners of each pennant.
~ Inside the card I stamped the floral heart in Cameo Coral (first stamped on scratch paper so the image was lighter) then stamped the greeting over it.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Filled with Love, Curly Cute
Card stock: Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, small heart punch, Adorning Accents embossing folders, In Color glimmer brads, Pear Pizzazz stitched poly ribbon, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

To make the focal image on this card, I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig tool to stamp a line of four of the stemmed heart image in Pear Pizzazz, and then I die cut the group with one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits dies.
I stamped the small heart in Soft Sky and Riding Hood Red on a separate piece of card stock, punched them out and adhered them to the stemmed hearts with Glue Dots. I added a glimmer brad to each side and then used Dimensionals to adhere the piece over the ribbon.

Inside the card I stamped the sentiment and added three small punched hearts.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Warmest of Wishes, Grateful Greetings
Card stock: Kraft note cards and envelopes (Paper Reflections), Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Petite Pennants Builder punch, mini silver brads, small heart punch, paper piercer, mat pack, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, Glue Dots, Tombo Mono Multi liquid glue

(Note: This card base is 5-1.2" x 4", so it is slightly smaller than A2 size.) For this clean and simple card I used a layout from a birthday card I made last month.
I stamped and punched out five pennants and used mini silver brads to connect them. To attach the banner to the card, I placed a Glue Dot on the back of the middle and two end pennants. For some simple embellishment I wrapped a piece of baker's twine twice around the bottom of the card and tied it in a knot.

Inside the card I stamped the sentiment and added three small hearts punched out of Cherry Cobbler card stock. I didn't take a picture of it, but I also added a punched heart to the middle of the envelope flap.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: