Monday, January 28, 2013

Raining flowers

When I saw the hostess stamp set Million-Dollar Moments in the Stampin' Up!® spring catalog, I was immediately drawn to it. It's not my usual style, but I really like the silhouette image of the woman holding an umbrella and the different things you can stamp as the "rain" (I think my favorite is the flowers). And the little duck image just quacks me up! (Sorry, that was really bad, but I had to do it.) Here are the first couple of cards I've made with this fun set:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Million-Dollar Moments
Paper: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla card stock; Print Poetry Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
Accessories: Summer Starfruit striped ribbon, Petite Curly Label punch, Dimensionals

I started with a piece of paper from the Print Poetry DSP stack and pulled my colors from there. I stamped the silhouette image twice on Very Vanilla card stock: once in Crumb Cake ink and once in Midnight Muse ink. I cut out just the umbrella from the Midnight Muse image and adhered it over the Crumb Cake image with Dimensionals. For the sentiment, I punched a Petite Curly Label from Summer Starfruit and adhered that near the corner of the stamped panel. Then I stamped the greeting, punched it out with the Petite Curly Label punch and used a Dimensional to attach it to the Summer Starfruit label, just slightly offset.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Million-Dollar Moments
Card stock: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, So Saffron
Accessories: Cloudy Day embossing folder, corner rounder, Jewelry Tag punch, mini silver brad, white baker's twine, Dimensionals

I adore the new Cloudy Day embossing folder; it adds such a great subtle texture, and it's perfect with this image. I struggled a little bit with the color balance on the stamped panel for this card because both So Saffron images are on the left side. (I really wished the duck was facing the other way so I could have stamped him on the right side.) I tried to balance that out a little by adding a So Saffron tag behind the sentiment on the right side of the panel, and I think that works pretty well. The extra tag also gives the small greeting a little more "oomph."

I'll try to keep the new cards coming. I have one more to share tomorrow or Wednesday, and then I need to get back to the drawing board. Or, more accurately, the crafting table. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Evy said...

Hi there! I cannot believe that no one has ever comment on this million dollar card? Is absolutely beautiful! You have inspire me to buy the stamp set. Thank so much for sharing your lovely work:)