Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A birthday 'Woo hoo!'

No matter the time of year, I don't think I'm ever more than a week or two away from needing a birthday card for someone. (If it's October, I need two or three every time I turn around!) So I always love to find a new, fun stamp I can use for birthday cards. When Stampin' Up!® introduced their latest collection of single stamps, I knew I had to get the stamp called Woo Hoo!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Woo Hoo!
Card stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, silver glimmer paper
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; markers: Blush Blossom, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, rhinestones, Dimensionals

The most time-consuming part of this card was probably the coloring; otherwise it was a quick card to make. Because the focal image is pretty busy, I wanted to keep the rest of the layout clean and simple. I embossed the Basic Black card base with the Chevron embossing folder to add a little texture and then added a strip of silver glimmer paper near the bottom of the card. I adhered the finished image (I hand-cut around the frilly border) over the glimmer paper with Dimensionals, and for a final sparkly detail, I added one rhinestone on the bottom right corner of the focal image and three along the top left edge of the card base. And that's it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: