Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Up in the clouds

A few weeks ago I was looking through some of my retired Designer Series Paper (DSP) from Stampin' Up!® and found a fun cloudy sky print that I had forgotten was in the Welcome Neighbor DSP pad. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to use it on a card with the Up, Up & Away stamp set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Up, Up & Away, Warmest Regards
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White card stock; Welcome Neighbor DSP pad
Ink: Real Red, Early Espresso pads; Baja Breeze marker
Accessories: Cupcake Builder punch, Real Red polka dot ribbon, Tombo Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! Here are a few details:
  • I used the Cupcake Builder punch to create the cloud shapes. To match the clouds on the DSP, I used my Baja Breeze marker to create a stitched border on each cloud. (Technically, the background color in the paper is a muted Bermuda Bay, but the Baja Breeze worked perfectly.)
  • The striped DSP for the grass was also in the Welcome Neighbor DSP pad. I cut the shape for the hills free-hand.
  • The balloon, one of the clouds and the sentiment are attached to the card with Dimensionals.
  • To avoid complete pattern overload, I adhered the ribbon to the card with the polka-dot side face down. I love the touch of white provided by the stitched edges, though.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: