Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Different strokes

A month ago when I was one of the card-contest winners at a local stamp show, one of the items I purchased with my prize money was a stamp set called Strokes of Wisdom from Raisin Boat. Before I had to pack up all my stamping supplies (sigh), I made four cards with this set.

Supplies (all Stampin Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Strokes of Wisdom (Raisin Boat)
Card stock: Confetti White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Pool Party, Basic Black
Accessories: 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Simply Scored tool, rhinestones

Aren't they fun cards? Each colored stroke is a separately stamped image. I just inked the stamp with the first color, stamped the image, cleaned the stamp and repeated the process with the next color. The set also includes a few words in a large calligraphy font and several phrases in a small typed font, so you can combine them to make whatever sentiment works for your card. I decided these bright rainbows needed a birthday sentiment, so I went with "Celebrate your day." I embellished the cards with ribbon, simple scored lines and a few rhinestones.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Strokes of Wisdom (Raisin Boat)
Card stock: Confetti Cream, Baja Breeze, textured Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, River Rock
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, pearls, small and large metallic brads (making Memories), Simply Scored tool, Tombo Mono glue

For these two cards I went with a more subtle, almost beachy, color combination, and I used the straight stroke stamp instead of the curved one. I made the card of the left a bit more feminine by adding a few punched flowers with pearl centers. To give the card on the right a masculine feel, I repeatedly stamped the set of three strokes in two different directions, scored several lines along the bottom of the card and added a few metallic brads.

I love how easy it was to make these single-layer, elegant cards, and I'm looking forward to making more once my stamps are allowed to see the light of day again. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: