Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wrapped and accessorized

As I promised in my last post (All Wrapped Up), today I am going to share two more cards made with the Stampin' Up!® stamp set All Wrapped Up. These cards also use the coordinating set All Wrapped Up Accessories.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: All Wrapped Up, All Wrapped Up Accessories, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Card stock: Gumball Green, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Gumball Green, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Scallop Edge Border punch, Real Red brad, Simply Scored tool, Dimensionals

To create the look of the filled jar, I used the masking technique. First I stamped several gumdrop images on a self-stick note, making sure that the sticky part of the paper was behind at least part of each stamped image. I cut out the images, trimming just the tiniest bit inside the stamped image.

After stamping and cutting out the jar, I selected the first gumdrop color and stamped a few images randomly inside the jar. I covered those stamped images with the masks (the pieces cut from the self-stick notes), selected the second color and stamped a few more gumdrops, overlapping parts of the previously stamped images. I repeated the process, moving the masks as needed, until the jar was filled.

To add an extra touch of fun to the card, I stamped one gumdrop of each color, cut them out and adhered them to the card front as if they spilled from the jar. Inside the card I again used the masks to add a few gumdrops along the bottom of the white card stock layer.

I love the whimsical, bright look of this card, and I think it's a perfect birthday card for a child. Or anyone who has a little sweet tooth.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: All Wrapped Up, All Wrapped Up Accessories
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White Going Gray card stock; Prints Pack Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad, Real Red marker
Accessories: Red brads (unknown), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Tombow Mono glue, Dimensionals

With this card I first stamped and cut out the jar. Then I stamped and colored several ladybugs inside the jar as well as a few additional ones on a scrap of card stock. I wanted the jar of ladybugs to look as if it were sitting on a table, so I used a piece of polka dot DSP and added a scallop border to create the look of a tablecloth. I stamped and cut out the jar cover and adhered it next to the jar and then glued a few "escaping" ladybugs on the DSP and over the jar. I didn't add a greeting to this card, so it could be used for any occasion, but I think it would be an especially cute card for saying "I miss you."

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: