Sunday, August 5, 2012

Favorite layout

I haven't made too many Christmas cards yet this year, but with the ones I have made, I've noticed that I'm really drawn to clean and simple designs. My stamping style has always leaned more toward the simple than the elaborate, but I'm even making more single-layer cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Jolly Bingo Bits, Sweet Essentials
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: 1" circle punch, 1-1/4" scallop circle punch, corner rounder, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine, pearls, Dimensionals

As I mentioned in the description of the second card in the post "Movin' on up ..." I have become obsessed with this card layout. It's classic, eye-catching and definitely my current favorite. It also works perfectly with the small images of the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set. I love to select three stamps from the set that fit a theme. Here I chose three Christmas treats; in the card in the post linked above, I used three wintery images (snowflake, mittens and ice skate).

I used circle punches instead of squares for this card, and I added just two embellishments: baker's twine wrapped around the card front three times and tied in a bow and a pearl on either side of the greeting. I also rounded the two bottom corners of the card.

I won't be very surprised if come December I have at least a few dozen Christmas cards that have this layout. If you haven't used it yet, try it out. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: