Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cheery Christmas lights

Last weekend I had a mini marathon stamping session and made enough cards for about six blog posts. It's a good thing I did, because yesterday and today I've been busy packing up all my stamping supplies. So even if I suddenly have time to make a card, I'm pretty much out of luck. Sigh. But I try to remember that when I get to unpack everything, it will be in my own craft room!

The card I'm going to share today is another clean and simple Christmas card made with the Stampin' Up!® set Jolly Bingo Bits.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Jolly Bingo Bits, Sweet Essentials
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo markers
Accessories: Dazzling Details

I used markers to color the light bulb and base on the stamp and then stamped the image several times across the upper left portion of the card. Once I was happy with the color and arrangement of the lights, I used a marker to draw a line connecting them, randomly adding loops between the bulbs. To give the lights a little sparkle, I used Dazzling Details to create a few "rays" shining from each light bulb. The last step was to add the greeting on the bottom of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: