Monday, February 10, 2014

A little touch of spring

This winter is beginning to grate on my nerves. Wait, scratch that. It's been on my nerves for nearly two months already. The cold. The snow. The wind. I've worn my snowpants more times these last six weeks than I have the past two winters combined. Enough already.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I mean, logically I know it will end. Eventually. But at this point it won't be soon enough. So yesterday I decided to create my own little touch of spring with a flowery card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hardwood
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, vellum
Ink: Whisper White craft, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Secret Garden Framelits dies; punches: Pansy, Petite Petals, Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly, Itty Bitty Shapes pack; gold sequin trim; gold baker's twine; pearls; sponges; Dimensionals; Glue Dots; Mono Multi liquid glue

This card just makes me happy, and I really enjoyed making it. I started with the new Hardwood background stamped in Whisper White craft ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, and I love the subtle visual interest it adds.

To make the large flowers, I layered together shapes from the Pansy punch (Crisp Cantaloupe), Petite Petals punch (Calypso Coral) and the mini scalloped circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (Calypso Coral). I curled the petals of each punched shape and sponged the edges with Calypso Coral ink before gluing them together, and then I added a pearl in the center.

For the small flowers I used the Petite Petals punch (Wisteria Wonder) and the mini scalloped circle punch (Elegant Eggplant). I shaped the petals and inked them with Elegant Eggplant ink and added a gold sequin in the center.

To finish my scene I added some greenery, a couple of butterflies and a sprinkling of gold sequins. I tied a piece of gold baker's twine around the left side of the panel and then used Dimensionals to adhere it to a Crumb Cake card base.

Now when I'm feeling desperate for spring, I can just sit back and look at this card. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

madameplushbottom said...

Hello Andrea - your card is beautiful and I completely relate to your feelings about winter. I remind myself that this yucky, cold, snowy, windy weather is simply a reminder that I can stay inside and create. But don't get me wrong, it also makes me quite cranky. Here's hoping we see spring soon.
Your neighbor, Meg M.

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea I love all the detail and work you put into this lovely colourful card