Thursday, February 6, 2014

'Sew cute' card set

A few weeks ago I picked up an exclusive sewing-themed card kit at Archiver's (so sad that they are closing!). The kit included Tim Holtz stamps and all the supplies to make eight 3" x 3" cards and coordinating envelopes. The sample cards were definitely cute, but I wanted to make them a little larger so they could be mailed. Here are the cards I created:

Supplies:
Archiver's exclusive "Sew" Cute card kit: Tim Holtz sewing blueprint stamps, 6" x 6" My Mind's Eye Collectable "Unforgettable" paper pad, black and off-white cardstock, American Crafts yellow string, Mark Richards 3 mm teal nailhead stickers
Other supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted): Tuxedo Black ink pad (Memento), Crumb Cake cardstock and note card envelopes, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

The complete set includes two of each of these cards, which are 3-1/2" x 5". For each card I kept the same combination of stamped image and patterned papers that were in the kit samples; I just changed the size of the background paper to 3" x 4-1/2". I inked the edges of the card base and the patterned papers and added a few simple accents and embellishments to finish the cards.

Because I made the cards larger than the kit instructions, the 6" x 6" patterned papers weren't large enough to make matching envelopes. I liked the idea of the coordinating envelopes, though, so instead I used the patterned papers to cover the flaps of Stampin' Up!'s note card envelopes. I just traced the flap on the paper, cut it out, adhered the paper to the flap with liquid glue and then trimmed the edges as needed.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: