Monday, February 17, 2014

Flowers and stripes

If you follow my blog, you may know that I love to make sets of cards to give as gifts (click on the "card sets" category on the right if you want to check out some of them). The packages of pre-cut and -scored note cards and envelopes from Stampin' Up! are the perfect starting point for making card sets. Yesterday I shared a set of cards made with the Wetlands stamp set, and today I'm going to share a set made with the new Petite Petals set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Dictionary, Petite Petals
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Whisper White cardstock, Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Crumb Cake (pad and marker)
Accessories: Petite Petals punch, Banner punch, corner rounder, Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

I love the playful combination of polka dot flowers and stripes on this card; I made six cards of this design for the set. I even decided to make the envelopes a little more fun by adding a stamped flower in the corner and a doodled border around the edge.

To make the pennants on the card, I used the Banner punch from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. The punch creates small pennant shapes that you can combine to make mini banners. But you also can use the punch to create longer pennants. Take a strip of paper that is narrower than the punched shape -- I used strips of DSP that were 1/2" wide -- insert the strip through the bottom of the punch and punch off the end. Then trim the pennant to whatever length you need.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: