Sunday, February 23, 2014

See Ya Later

One of the cute stamp sets available in the 2014 Sale-A-Bration (SAB) brochure from Stampin' Up! is called See Ya Later. I love the four mixed-font sentiments combined with the little matching images, and last weekend I made my first two cards with this stamp set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: See Ya Later
Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand cardstock; Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand, Pool Party
Accessories: Decorative Dots embossing folder, Scallop Tag Topper punch, Summer Starfruit stitched satin ribbon, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, gold baker's twine, gold sequin trim, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

For this card I stamped the image once in Sahara Sand (with a Summer Starfruit sun) and once in Pool Party on Whisper White cardstock. I cut out the word "happy" from the Pool Party image and adhered it over the the Sahara Sand image. I used the Scallop Tag Topper punch to shape the top of the tag and added coordinating ribbon and baker's twine. At the bottom of the tag I adhered a piece of Summer Starfruit DSP and a piece of Pool Party ruffled ribbon.

For the background I embossed the card front with the Decorative Dots embossing folder and used Glue Dots to adhere gold sequins to a few of the dots.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: See Ya Later
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Ovals Collection Framelits dies, Occasions paper-piercing pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals, sanding tool

To make the focal panel, I first stamped the image in Early Espresso on Whisper White cardstock. Then I colored just the cake part of the stamp, stamped it on a separate piece of cardstock, cut it out and adhered it over the one in the original image. I used the Ovals Collection Framelits dies to cut out the image and pierced a border. (I pierced the oval from the back to add some texture to the front of the image.) I adhered the oval over a strip of Early Espresso Core-dinations cardstock that was embossed with chevrons and then lightly sanded. Three Bermuda Bay Candy Dots finish off the card.

Here's a quick embossing tip: The chevrons in the embossing folder run along the long side of the folder, so if I had tried to emboss a 5-1/2" strip of cardstock, the chevrons would have been going vertically on this card, which wasn't what I wanted. Instead, I embossed a strip that was just long enough to fit "sideways" in the embossing folder. After the cardstock was embossed, I cut it into two pieces, one smaller than the other, and adhered the smaller one at the top edge of the card and the larger piece at the bottom edge. The gap between the pieces is covered up with the focal image.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: