Friday, December 20, 2013

Last Creative Crew card

With all the holiday hoopla I forgot to share my final card from the December Creative Crew challenges:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Postage Collection, Four You
Paper: Very Vanilla cardstock, First Edition Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: 1" circle punch, Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

This challenge focused on the colors Basic Black and Very Vanilla. We were asked to use those two colors and/or Modern Medley DSP and CASE (copy and share everything) the work of someone we admire. For my inspiration I used this clean and simple card by Lydia Fiedler.

I kept the same basic layout as my inspiration card: three small images in circles and a greeting placed at the bottom of the card. I love the touches of color on Lydia's card, but since I was using just black and vanilla, I needed to find a different way to accent the images. So instead of color, I used a print, placing a strip of First Edition DSP behind the circles. I also added a simple embellishment: three Very Vanilla Candy Dots in the upper left corner of the card.

Being on the Creative Crew was a great experience, and I hope you enjoyed my projects. Thanks for stopping by!




No comments: