Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Folded Christmas trees

I'm back today with the second Christmas card I made for the December Creative Crew challenges:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: More Merry Messages
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla cardstock; Holiday Thyme Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Crumb Cake
Accessories: Circles Collection Framelits, Neutrals and Regals Candy Dots, Word Window punch, corner rounder, Merry Minis punch pack, Dimensionals

This challenge focused on Candy Dots embellishments. We were asked to copy the artwork of someone who loves brads or Candy Dots and then use Candy Dots generously on our own projects.

For my inspiration I used a clean and simple Christmas card by Regina, a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I really liked the colors and the simplicity of Regina's card and how she used the Candy Dots to accent her sentiment. I kept the same basic layout for my card, but I changed the colors and DSP, and instead of placing the Candy Dots by the sentiment, I used Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke Candy Dots as lights or ornaments on the trees. 

I also learned a new technique while making this card: folded Christmas trees. They are very quick and easy to make, and all you need is a circle piece of DSP. Any size is fine; the larger the circle, the larger the trees. You cut the circle in half -- so you can make two trees from one circle -- make a few folds and then embellish as desired. I like how whimsical they look. If you want more info, check out the tutorial for making folded Christmas trees on SCS.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: