Sunday, December 1, 2013

December already?

Can you believe it? Christmas is just a little over three weeks away. I don't know about you, but I am woefully unprepared. Though that seems to be the case every year, and I always manage to get things done. At least with the SCS Creative Crew challenges for December I managed to get a few more Christmas cards made. Here is the first one:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Dictionary, Endless Wishes
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories: Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit (birch paper ribbon), Subtles Candy Dots, rhinestones, Modern Label punch, sponge, Dimensionals

Our challenges this month all focused on CASE-ing (copying and sharing everything), and this challenge also required us to use the color Chocolate Chip in honor of National Chocolate Day (Dec. 24). I knew right away which card I wanted to copy, and it was a card created by Sara, another Creative Crew member, for one of our November challenges. I loved her autumn trees, and I wanted to try making a wintery version.

I love how this card turned out. I'd been hoarding the birch paper ribbon from the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit, but I knew it would be perfect on this card. I also used a few touches of Soft Sky -- the Dictionary background, the mat for the focal panel and the Candy Dots -- and added several rhinestones to look like snowflakes.

This was actually the second version of this card. When I made the first one, I completely forgot about the birch paper ribbon. But I still like the way it turned out:


Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Dictionary, Endless Wishes
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pool Party
Accessories: Woodgrain embossing folder, rhinestones, Modern Label punch, sponge, Dimensionals

For the background on this card, I embossed a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock with the Woodgrain embossing folder. The cardstock was actually too wide to fit in the folder, so I ended up cutting it in two pieces and embossing them separately. Then I adhered them right next to each on the card base. If you look very closely, you can see the seam, but it's not terribly noticeable. And who's going to look that closely anyway, right? I used Very Vanilla and Pool Party (instead of Soft Sky and Whisper White) on this card, and I placed the rhinestones in the corner. Which one do you like better?

Stay tuned this week for my other Creative Crew projects. December was my last month on the Creative Crew, and I've had so much fun with all the challenges. Be sure to check out the December Creative Crew gallery on SCS to see all the wonderful creations. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: